Here’s a quick update of where we are in the process of adoption:
All our paper work has been sent from our agency in the U.S. to Nigeria! Now we are in the “real” waiting process. During this phase of our adoption we are waiting for Nigeria to match us with a child – or two – that they believe will be a good fit for us. This process could (and likely will) take months. It’s hard to believe we sent our initial paperwork off seven months ago! If all goes well, we are still thinking we will be traveling in late summer or early fall.
As we wait on the Lord’s perfect timing, we have been very busy looking and applying for as many adoption grants as possible. A few weeks ago I sorted through 100 grants online! I was able to narrow it down to just the dozen or so that we are eligible to apply for, and we have been very busy filling out these often lengthy applications. Adoption is very expensive, and any grants that we can get are helpful in minimizing the amount of money that we will have to take out in loans for our adoption. We are also brainstorming and planning some fundraisers – more on this to come!
Until our next update, here are a few prayer requests:
- Our paperwork is in the hands of those in Nigeria! Pray for grace and wisdom as they look for a match for us.
- We were awarded with our first grant! Very thankful to Amy’s Legacy for this blessing.
- That the matching process would go smoothly, and that it would be clear if we are to accept the match when it is presented to us.
- That God would continue to provide more funding for our adoption expenses.
- For the Langdon family. They are the second family from our agency and they are now in Nigeria with their two daughters – pray for them tomorrow as they go to court to finalize the adoption!
So thankful to all of you for your prayers and support!
Photo Credit: Natika Nichols